Top ten cultural, sports and tourism events in 2017 announced
Thursday, 2018-01-11 04:13:54
NDO - The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism (MoCST) on January 10 announced the top ten notable cultural, sports and tourism events.
The top ten events were selected from 64 nominations, including 42 in the field of culture, 11 in sports and 11 in tourism.
They were voted by readers through the website http://sukienvhttdl.bvhttdl.gov.vn from January 3-9 and directly by journalists at the headquarters of the ministry.
Following is the list of the events:
1. Xoan singing and the art of Bai choi were added to the UNESCO Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
A performance of Xoan singing
2. Vietnam left impression through the film ‘Kong: Skull Island’.
A scene from the film ‘Kong: Skull Island’
3. Impressions from the ‘Russian Cultural Days in Vietnam’
A performance at the ‘Russian Cultural Days in Vietnam’ (Credit: toquoc.vn)
4. The Vietnamese sports delegation was successful at the 29th SEA Games in Malaysia.
Nguyen Thi Anh Vien possessed a collection of eight individual gold medals.
5. Vietnam’s female football team was crowned the SEA Games champions for the fifth time.
The Vietnamese women’s football team was crowned 2017 SEA Games champions. (Credit: tuoitre.vn)
6. Vietnamese track and field team gained impressive achievements last year.
Le Tu Chinh, the youngest member of Vietnam's track and field team, impressed strongly with three gold medals in Kuala Lumpur.
7. Vietnamese tourism witnessed a record growth of the number of international visitors.
Vietnam welcomed around 13 million foreign visitors in 2017.
8. The Law on Tourism 2017 was approved, featuring numerous contents to boost tourism development.
Voting results for the revised Law on Tourism (Credit: toquoc.vn)
9. The Politburo announced a Resolution on developing tourism into the country’s spearhead economic sector.
The tourism will become the country’s spearhead economic sector.
10. Vietnamese tourism won many prestigious awards from the United Nations World Tourism Organisation.
InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort was honoured as the World's Leading Luxury Resort for the fourth consecutive time.