Saudi Arabia announces probe into what Turkey labels as "planned" murder of Khashoggi

Thursday, 2018-10-25 20:41:32
 Font Size:     |        Print
 

Members of the Sri Lankan web journalist association hold placards with the image of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi during a demonstration outside the Saudi Embassy in Colombo on Oct. 25, 2018. (Photo: AFP)
 Font Size:     |  

Saudi Arabia announced on October 25 that an investigation has been launched into Turkey's information indicating the murder of the Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi was "planned," Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported.

The announcement was made by the General Attorney in a statement carried by SPA, which said the Turkish information was sent through the Joint Working Team between the two countries.

Saudi Arabia said on October 20 that 18 suspects had been arrested for links to the case of Khashoggi, who was killed after a brawl inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on October 2.

Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud later ordered the re-organization of the intelligence authorities and sacked senior intelligence officials.

Xinhua