White House's Navarro says still expecting next round of China trade talks

Saturday, 2019-08-10 10:30:53
 Font Size:     |        Print
 

Chinese and US delegations during a new round of Sino-US economic and trade consultations in Beijing, Feb 14, 2019. (Photo: Xinhua)
 Font Size:     |  

White House trade adviser Peter Navarro said on Friday (August 9) the United States was still planning to hold another round of trade talks with Chinese negotiators.

"We continue to plan to have the Chinese negotiators come here," Navarro told CNBC. Earlier on Friday, US President Donald Trump called into question whether the next round of talks would take place in early September.

Reuters